Monday 2 September 2013

Lazy Day'z'

Recently I've been thinking, well not exactly recently - more of an ongoing thought that I've had for about 2 months - I've done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING this whole summer! It's ridiculous. I see loads of things on social networking sites of my friends and others in my year group having a whale of a time, going on holiday, going to the beach, going shopping with loads of friends.. and don't forget all the parties. And here's me: sat in my pyjamas all day, watching re-runs of House M.D. and ER, whilst having no social contact from my so called 'friends' whatsoever.
I'm not having a go at them as such, however I hate the fact that at the end of the school year we were going around school saying things like 'This summer's going to be the best, we'll see each other all the time' and 'We WILL stay in touch'... bull--shit! I do understand that some friendships do fade over time, and people do lose contact with them, but I mean seriously?! Is it too much to ask for a weekly 'gathering' in town, or at least a text here and there? Although saying that I guess I could have put a little more effort into keeping up relations but that by no means allows them to basically forget about me, also I think I've developed an 'if they don't text me first I won't talk to them' sort of attitude, which frankly depresses me. 
For instance most 'typical' teenagers are really sociable and would jump at the opportunity to go out and see friends. But not me. I'm quite the opposite in-fact; I'm not that sociable and I'm quite shy in new surroundings and I just feel that making all the effort to see friends is somewhat annoying in most cases.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
But I'm sort of going to make a New (but rather late/3 months early) Year resolution! With the start of the school year fastly approaching - one week today - I am going to make some changes. As it's going to be the start of a new chapter in my life and a fresh academic start I am going to try to be more forward with new friendships (but not too much or I'll look like a weirdo) and have a more positive outlook on life. I'm going to try and balance out 'work and play' (school and friends) and just generally be a better person overall!
The count down begins...

2 comments:

  1. My god! I can basically see myself in that post! In fact, I made one just like it not too long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'll be sure to check it out!

    ReplyDelete