Sunday 8 September 2013

Do You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

First of all, I apologize for the corny title, it's a line from Family Guy. But seriously,do you really know what grinds my gears? There's a couple, so bear with me.
So the first thing that 'grinds my gears' is people who live and strive for people's attention and gratification. It's so annoying! Like when people post pictures of themselves on Facebook or Twitter and they're basically half naked and they have the caption as 'oh, I'm so ugly' or 'oh my God, I'm so fat'. And I'm just here like, if the photo is that horrible or they don't like it, THEN WHY POST IT?! I swear that most of the teenage Facebook users these days are actually imbeciles and have an IQ of about 30! I mean, what's the point? Nobody, especially I, cares whether the photo is bad or not; but when the 'Facebooker' has a caption like that, 9 times out of 10 they probably are ugly and are just 'fishing for likes'. 
Another thing that really 'grinds my gears' is when people have bad manners. Like if I hold the door open for someone or pick up an item that they've dropped for example, and they walk past or just carry on with what they were doing. I literally scream in my head "HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THE PHRASE 'THANK YOU'?". It's amazing how many people don't appreciate what others do for them. Whenever my nan tells a story like that - about someone not being polite or whatever - she usually ends it with "manners cost nothing". It's true, they cost nothing! Just a simple 'please' and 'thank you' once in awhile can do wonders.
As well as those two, another thing that really rubs me up the wrong way is bratty teenagers. Although I'm probably not really at liberty to say this; as I'm only 16, but I think I'm quite mature for my age. Anyway, I hate those people who are so materialistic and depend solely on their parents for money and transport. It's like the parents are personal chauffeurs and drive them everywhere! In addition, they buy their kids ridiculous amounts of expensive clothing (namely brands like Jack Wills, Hollister, Urban Outfitters and Topshop) and it just annoys me how the teens just take it for granted. I know someone who does this, and she annoys me so much (even though she's my friend). There was this one time in year 8 or 9 where she had this plain, blue, knitted scarf from Topshop. She would wear it in such a way that the tag that had the label and washing instructions on it - which also says 'Topshop' - would stick out, so everybody could see where it was from. Once my other friend told her that the label was sticking out and she replied "Oh, it's meant to be like that." We, personally, thought she looked stupid wearing it like that; we never told her though! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm Riley from Teenage Blogger Central! Good for you, starting a blog and already being plugged into a community, hope you keep it up :) Blogging is a lot of fun and the community is a great way to get to know people and their stories.

    Take care,
    -Riley XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan,
    Thanks very much for registering at Teenage Blogger Central (and sorry for the delay in visiting your blog)! What "grinds my gears" even more than teens showing off their designer bumpf is teens constantly throwing away old stuff in favor of even less fashionable clothes, simply because it is "out of style".. Makes no sense to me!
    :)

    ReplyDelete